Re-Elect Bruce Timms - Niagara Regional Councillor.
Building a Better, Stronger Niagara by Restructuring the Region!
Elect the Regional Chair at large next election
View my video explaining how it works
Streamline the region , less two tier more Team Niagara , replace the 4th layer of politicians with Double direct City Councilors at the region
Negotiate a better Seaway deal for Niagara with the Federal Government
Restore the Waterfront Investment Program to its original purpose; acquiring lakefront property to provide for public beach access
Create a stronger Niagara Tourism Strategy, including the 5 scenic drives of Niagara; Lake Ontario Waterfront Drive, Welland Canals Parkway, Wine Route, Niagara River Parkway and the South Coast Lake Erie Drive
Defend the taxpayer from an unbalanced arbitration system with key Regional public services.
“After 40 years, it is time to improve the governance model of Niagara, to get rid of the structured separation into two tiers, to focus on the team of 12 communities with Regional/Local Councillors that understand the needs and challenges of local Councils along with those of our Region overall. This will be my Top Priority next term. Less Two Tier, More Team Niagara.”, said Timms.
What We've Accomplished so Far
For the Region - What we did right this term:
- GO Rail to St.Catharines and Niagara Falls by 2023 commitment from Wynne Government and Ford Government
- New official plan for new GO Rail station area in Western Hill St.Catharines
- Region and 5 Canal cities joint participating in Federal Government Consultation for a Better Seaway Deal for Niagara
- 85 new affordable housing units under construction on Carlton St. St.Catharines
- Secured site and funding for new Downtown Police Station
- Secured Port Robinson Ferry operation plan and funding on the Greater Niagara Circle Route
- Secured 5 year plan for NIagara Gateway Tourism info center at Grimsby, Casablanca, next to the Grimsby GO Rail station site
- Three City Tansit Commissions work with Region to establish a Pan-Niagara Transit network. And secured $148 M transit funding
- Secured Canada Games 2021 for Niagara
- Tax increases kept under 2%
For the NPCA - what we did right:
- Made Hamilton pay its fair share of the Tax levy
- Received stop work authority under new Conservation Authorities
- Aquired first new Lake Erie Beach front in many years
- Great partnerships with DSBN at Woodend and RCS BN at St.Johns Conservation area
- Camping and recreation Conservation areas have been brought out of the red and very near self funding operational status
- Welland River Flood plain mapping revisited and Policy Review Completed
- Secured funding for flood plain mapping in St.Catharines Walkers Creek and Richardsons creek